There are three important Marketing Strategies widely known classical firm’s philosophies in the processOffset Printing Works Today!. Read more ... » of seizing some percentage of the market share namely product-oriented, market-oriented, and customer-oriented philosophy.
Product-oriented philosophy is solely aimed to design and produce a product with little or no market research background in the hope that customers will find it attractive.
Market-oriented philosophy, in contrast with product-oriented philosophy, is aimed to produce goods which have been researched and designed to appeal to customers in the market. It is a businessMindset of Building a Business. Read more ... » orientation or philosophy that holds that organizational success is dependent upon the efficient identification of the needs and wants of target markets and the effective satisfaction of them.
Customer-oriented philosophy states that a firm’s goal should be to identify and profitably satisfy customer needs. This philosophy brought market-oriented philosophy a bit further in sense that it no longer considers customers as the market but customers as individuals thus, if possible, the product is tailor-made like a coat that fits only to the wearer it is produced for.
In Marketing Warfare Al Ries and Jack Trout argue that marketing is war and that the marketing concept’s customer-oriented philosophy is inadequate. Rather, firms would do better by becoming competitor-oriented. If the key to success were to introduce products closest to those wanted by customers, then the market leaderNewspaper Web Offset Machine | WEB LEADER. Read more ... » simply would be the firm that performed the best market research. Clearly, much more is required!
To illustrate their point, Ries and Trout compare marketing to a football game. If a team simply identifies the goal line and moves the ball towards it without regard to the competing team, they most likely will be blocked in their effort. To win the game, the team must focus its efforts on outwitting, outflanking, or over-powering the other side. This is the case in football, war, and marketing, according to Marketing Warfare. Because of the importance of the competition faced by the firm, a good marketing planBisnis Kemasan Plastik INDONESIA. Read more ... » should include an extensive section on competitors.
1. Instead of competing with customer’s high expectations, which ultimately result in a firm to lower the price, cut off the revenue margin, and increase the cost in line with a certain quality expected towards a product, a marketing warlord should compete with the competitor’s product. Match and best the competitor’s product is better than live up to customers’ infinite expectations.
2. It is not the product alone that decides the outcome of the competition in the market but, most importantly, the correct strategy at the right time, the right place, and the right competitor! Remember that a knife in the hand of a pro will turn deadlier than a gun in the hand of an amateur.
3. Do not be the Marketing Warlord for every product and everyone. Select one of the competitor’s product and the battleground you wish to win your competition. It allows the Marketing Warlord to focus his efforts and resources.
4. Your battleground takes place not in the store or on the street but in the mind of the customers. Physical evidence, as included in the classical 7’Ps Marketing mix, turns out to be not that essential anymore… people expectations towards a certain product will at some point reach the mean thus marketing warlords should be able to use that point to induce certain hopes and promises beyond the benefits all people would expect towards the product.
5. Avoid complicated organizational lines! The war should be monitored and supervised by the Marketing Warlord himself therefore he must go down the street sometime to see the implementation of the marketing strategyDifferences of Marketing Strategy and MARKETING PLAN. Read more ... » and correct the miscarried actions when possible.
6. There is no sword that cannot be broken as there is no shield that cannot be penetrated. Once competitor becomes the market leader there is a tendency that they will be the firm for everyone hence creating more product lines to best accommodate everyone’s needs in the market. Once they do that, they will most likely divide their attention to each product line manufactured. It is a good time for Marketing Warlord to select one product from the competitors to compete and beat it!
7. Plan can be made and executed accordingly as long as the market variables stay unchanged or with minimum deviations here and there. But in reality, all market variables constantly change and sometime they are so sudden. Marketing warlords should know that a plan needs some changes, a correct marketing strategy needs to be formulated, and he also needs to be flexible.
8. Be humble and down to earth! Never claim your firm or product for something. Instead, create certain clues in the mind of your customers and let them entitle you with the best title you deserve.
9. If competition is unlikely to be won, a Marketing Warlord should know when and how toScreen Printing Machine ALL IN ONE. Read more ... » exit the battleground. Withdrawing is not the same as losing the battle. It is a matter of correct strategy as will be explained later.